Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's Day 3!

Well Actually Day 3 is actually over but any who!!! SO thus far I have been doing very well without meat being apart of my diet. I have found so many options (well that is really cause I have been in the Buckhead area all week and on the Southside the choices are slim) to accommodate my new diet and i must say that I am so happy with this decision and feel really good about myself.

Day 3 (Friday) presented to be the most difficult day for me only because I was in the kitchen baking all day and had to make myself take a break to eat. I had eggplant parmigiana for lunch (delish btw) but didn't even stop to think about what I would have for dinner.I ate some salad thinking I would find something and yea that didn't happen. I just came from Walmart and bought this potato soup (you know since I love potatoes) thinking it would do the trick only to find out that its GROSS! I tried to fancy it up with some herbs and spices from the cabinet and that did nothing but make it worse. Needless to say, into the trash it went. As I sit here typing,I am finishing up my salad from earlier and partaking in cheese and crackers.

What I learned from today was that I am going to have to sit down and plan out some meals for the week. While prior to this change I could just close my eyes and pick anything, I now have to think about what I want and can have to eat. Starting next week, I think I am going to be cooking alot more. Let me tell ya, I am uber excited about cooking some new things and seeing what works and doesn't work well with this oh so funny palate I have.

This whole process is making way more conscious about what it is I put into my body and I can honestly say that I want to do better than I was. I have found myself replacing meat with candy (BAD IDEA!!!) so I am going to try and change some (key word here...) of that candy to fruit or something.

So..............I just wanted to update everyone on how this is going for me and on that note....I'M OUT!!!! Until next time....SMOOCHES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment