Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's time for Lent again!!!

Hey everyone!!!! As you know, I created this blog a year ago to express how I was doing as I gave up alcohol for Lent. My posts became few and far between because I had so much stuff going on and it didn't seem like I just had the time to sit down at my computer and blog about the happenings in my life. Life became so convenient. I was sending emails and tweeting from my phone while I was on the go. Any who, I could go on and on about how busy I had become or what I thought was busy but that is not why I am writing. It is Lenten season again and I am oh so excited to see how the experience will not only change my life but draw me closer to God which something I am longing for.

So, with today being Ash Wednesday I woke up from a horrible nights sleep and decided to turn what could have easily been a bad day a GREAT one. Darting out of bed at 7:45am to head to the gym was the only way I could think of to jump start my day. While there, I could only think about how good i was going to feel about not eating meat and increasing my water intake. I thought about how much I am going to learn about myself in my connection group (small groups that we have at my church) and having corporate prayer each of these 40 days with my church family (click on the "PRAY HERE" link). After putting in my 60 minutes there I beautified myself as best I could (that rain just was not agreeing with my hair) and went to spend some time with my family. As I was preparing for lunch,I was excited to reveal to some family that I would not be partaking of meat for the next 40 days and as sure as I made that statement we headed to Ted's Montana Grill (meat joint in my eyes).I went at it with an open mind and had a very filling lunch! Nothing could take my joy. I could go into more and more details about my day but I will end with that. But I will say this, I am facing these 40 days head on and I am ready for what God has in store for me. I see a bright future for me and I am ready to take those steps to get there. The past couple of weeks, pssh, really the past couple of days have opened my eyes up: I deserve much more than I have been accepting from all those in my circle and tomorrow is not promised and I want to give God all I have for as long as I can.

So as I finish up my half of my veggie burger and begin to nibble on my favorite snack (Stale gummi worms), I encourage all of you that are letting go of something for Lent to not think of it as a struggle but just as a sacrifice. Christ sacrificed so much JUST FOR US and letting something go for 40 days will never compare. Do not jump into this Lenten season without thinking and praying about what you should sacrifice. God will show you what it is. And for those who have figured out what they are going to do without, every time you find yourself thinking about that thing(s) say a simple pray. Replace that thing with some quiet time with God. Ready for day 2!!!!

Until next time.....SMOOCHES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment