Monday, March 14, 2011

Tonight's meal was GREAT!

It's Day 5 of Lent and I must say it was a GREAT DAY!

I had a veggie sub from Publix and I was so nervous to try it because I mean C'MON what is sub with NO MEAT on it. But I sucked it up and tried it. It was an experience. That first bite I could only think "omg, I cant eat this with no meat on it!" but it was okay and I killed it!!!

So, tonight I decided that I would cook dinner tonight versus going out to buy something. I spent all day today looking for different recipes online and came across one that sounded really good. I made Spaghetti with a creamy spinach sauce. I went grocery shopping for my ingredients at like7:45pm ( kinda late I know) and decided to add a few other veggies to help me fill myself up. I must say that the finished product was SOOOOOOO GOOD and I felt content after one serving :-) Thank goodness for something good. After Friday's soup fiasco, I needed this! And the best apart it all is that I HAVE LEFTOVERS LOL!!!

I also got my Food Network magazine today (which always makes me happy!!!!) and inside of it was a recipe book for smoothies. (I thought that it was ironic because I had just said that I was going to make smoothies instead on eating candy which btw is my WEAKNESS!!!) I was so stoked about this recipe book that I took it to the gym to look at while I was on the elliptical (a cookbook at the gym smh). I found two I wanted to try and tonight I had a raspberry-orange smoothie and I must say it has done its job in fulfilling my sweet tooth for the night. YAY! too excited because I don't feel so bad about what I have had today. So day 5 was a great day!

Tomorrow should be yet another interesting day because I am going to try somethings that I'm know not to like. I told my BFF that I am going to try some of those things that I have hated as a child and see if my taste buds have changed as an adult. I think that now is as good a time as any since I am trying new things with this no meat thing. Let's cross our fingers because lots of those things that I don't like are really good for me (how ironic LOL). Any who, I'm outtie for the night.

So, until next time...SMOOCHES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment